Thursday, August 8, 2013

Apron Round-up

I've been enlisted to bake cupcakes for my best friend's daughter's 3rd birthday party next weekend, and I've been making my plan of attack and execution. It's only 4 dozen cupcakes, but if you don't know me, you wouldn't know that I am an absolute MENACE in the kitchen when it comes to baking.

Don't get me wrong, the end product always turns out well (except for that time I made a bundt cake when I was seven months pregnant and it fell apart coming out the pan and I cried for an hour), but I can make a mess like no ones business. I try to follow my mother's advice that I often hear ringing in my ears as I have clouds of flour floating around the kitchen and a granulated sugar sticky mess coating my counters:

"Clean as you go...."

Which I do, although it might not look like it. The dishes are clean, but I'll be finding powdered sugar in every crevice of my kitchen no matter how many times I wipe up after myself.

And let's not forget about my clothes. I've usually been up and about for the day, so I'm dressed and not in sweats or "lounge around the house" clothes. Which means that on a day I am baking, I am guaranteed at least three outfit changes.

I will never learn, apparently.

Has anyone checked out the ADORABLE apron options that are out there? I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet and get one of these aprons that won't make me feel so frumpy in the kitchen, and will keep my clothes clean from the baking carnage. I'm loving the nostalgia and kitschy-ness that aprons inspire, and I've found a few I want to share with you!

(Note: none of these businesses solicited my reviews or opinion. I'm offering them up because these are ones I'd pick out myself and found while I was searching around.)




This apron is so sweet, from the blue, to the polka dots, and the pretty contrasting trim. I'm a sucker for anything with polka dots.


I am absolutely smitten with this apron. It's frilly, playful, and I daresay a little sexy. It feels very 1950s to me, and I LOVE that. Can you imagine greeting your husband when he gets home from work in this number? Me-ow. This vendor on Etsy makes the cutest aprons, so be sure to support handmade businesses and check them out!



I love Modcloth for their amazing selection of clothing and accessories, but this apron makes me love that site even more. Polka dots and gingham? Yes, please. Plus, the French-loving nerd in me is loving the play on words with "mise en place". It's the perfect name for an apron.



Another gem from Modcloth, this time a half-apron. I love the sunny, bright colors and anything with a ruffle wins me over any time. I think I'd prefer full aprons, but this one is pretty sweet.



This apron is so sweet and flirty. The floral fabric and bow are sweet touches to a fantastically feminine look. Jessie Steele also sells oven mitts, lunch totes, rubber gloves (making cleaning those bathrooms sassy!), pajamas, and a whole slew of goodies.



This is another super feminine pick. Vertical stripes and ruffled floral fabric are super sweet. I feel like I'd hate to get this one dirty!

This apron looks too pretty to wear in the kitchen, but I think I would. But only with my face put on and some heels. I love the simple yet sophisticated design of this apron. It is totally timeless. Price-wise, it's the steepest choice in this round-up, but I feel like it would be worth every penny. It's absolutely gorgeous.

And I figured I'd thrown an apron in for the man in your life:


I seriously snuffled into my Diet Coke when I saw this one and immediately thought of Denny, who loves his grills. Yes, grills. The man is a fiend.

So there you have it, friends! A round-up of aprons that would make a great bridal shower gift, birthday gift, Christmas gift, housewarming gift, or a gift for yours truly.

What's your favorite out of this round-up? Do you have a favorite I should check out? Share in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!