Wednesday, September 25, 2013

10 Favorite Tailgate Recipes

I know Fall signals a lot of things:

Changing leaves.
The approaching holiday season.
Halloween.
Pumpkin spice everything.
Change in decor.
Fully appreciating the heated seats in your car.
Valid excuses to wear your Uggs again.

It means lots of things to a lot of people.

And for a lot of people, Fall signals the start of football season. I know this better than anyone, as our family Sunday dinners now revolve around when half-time is (kidding, only sort of).

I'll be the first person to admit that we are not football people ("we" as in husband and me...gasp!). We'll watch it, but we don't set aside our Saturdays for college football and our Sundays for pro football. If a game happens to be on, we'll watch, but we are by no means avid football fans.

I mean, I know what a down is and if you really made me do it, I could explain the fundamentals of the game to you, but...well...I think football is boring.

(THERE, I SAID IT. Can we still be friends?)

In fact, we're baseball people, but well---my precious Phillies did horribly this year and Denny's Red Sox clinched the American League East. I'm totally ready for the husband-gloating to calm down. It gives me the baseball sads.

Anyway.

What I do love about football season are tailgating and having a good reason to have a bunch of people over and feeding them (having people over and feeding them is like one of my favorite things ever).


We are big fans of appetizers and snacks and are known to make a meal out of dips and finger foods alone. So not healthy, but so much fun.

I'd like to share some of my favorite recipes for game day nom noms that I've found around the interwebs. These types of dishes are perfect for watching some football with your friends and family AND are some of the most delicious dips and finger foods. It's win-win!

Invite over a houseful and enjoy watching some football with these amazing recipes (remember to pin from the sources, please&thanks)!

 BBQ Meatball Sliders via Dessert Now Dinner Later

Fried Mac & Cheese via I Heart Naptime

Spinach, Artichoke & Bacon Stuffed Pretzels via Half Baked Harvest

Bacon Cheeseburger Eggrolls via Cooking With Divian

Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos via Foodista

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls via Plain Chicken

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken Bites via Salad In a Jar

Jalapeno Popper Dip via Closet Cooking

Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins via Lemon Tree Dwelling

Baked Fontina via Food Network

What's your favorite football team? Got any good recipes to share?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!