Rhonda over at Obsessive and Creative left me a comment over the weekend to let me know she nominated me for the Liebster Award. I've seen this award floating around blogland; it's an award passed from blogger to blogger to recognize newer blogs to encourage them to keep up the good work.
"Liebster" is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. So yay!
Thanks again to Rhonda for the nomination, and please be sure to check out her blog: Obsessive and Creative.
And now for the rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
3. You must pick 11 bloggers, each with under 200 subscribers, to be nominated for the award.
4. You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go their blogs and notify them of their nomination.
And that's it! I'm looking forward to sharing the blog love with some other wonderful writers that I've subscribed to and enjoy reading.
My questions from Rhonda:
My hot glue gun, no doubt. I have three of them.
2. Why do you blog?
I blog to keep myself accountable in undertaking projects around the house. I'm pretty well known for starting something, getting distracted by another project, and then leaving the former project neglected and sad for a few weeks. Blogging helps keep the projects rolling since there are other people besides my mom reading and I'm sure they want to know how a particular project turned out. Also, I think this blog is a cool way to chronicle all the befores and afters of our first home.
3. Where is your fantasy vacation destination?
Disney World. Seriously. Or Hawaii.
4. What is your favorite piece of clothing this month?
My cardigans. It's been chilly in the mornings and it's always freezing in my office, so I wear a cardigan every weekday. So cozy. Looking forward to busting out the scarves later this month!
5. Who helped shape you into the creative individual you are?
Believe it or not, my daughter. Who is all of two years old. It started because I wanted to make her cute things. So I started with bows and hair accessories (which is hilarious because she had no hair for the first year of her life). And then I taught myself to crochet to make her some hats. And then I realized I could make pretty things for around the house. And here I am!
6. What is your favorite movie of all time?
Breakfast at Tiffany's. When I have a sick, lounge on the couch all day type of day, that movie is always on the roster.
7. Finish this statement: When I cook I ....
Either destroy it/burn it beyond recognition or make the most delectable dish ever known to mankind. There is no happy medium in my kitchen.
8. Who is your hero?
My husband. He works so hard for everything he has.
9. What blog inspired you to blog, or inspires you now as a blogger?
Young House Love was the "it" blog for me, as I'm sure it is with a lot of bloggers. Sherry & John are so relatable and really made me think, 'Hey, we can do that too.'
10. What super power would you like to have?
The ability to turn back time, so I could have more hours in the day. Working 10 hours a day, wrangling the two year old, writing a blog, and taking on projects is so much fun, but exhausting.
11. What is your favorite color?
Green. But lately I've been leaning more into blues.
Without further ado, here are the blogs I'd like to nominate for the Liebster Award; thanks for being awesome and making my morning reading a bit more enjoyable:
- Absolutely Arkansas
- Life on the Bay Bush
- Texas Girl in Philly
- The Junk in Our Trunks
- The Boxy Colonial
I've started with five blogs I genuinely enjoy reading and subscribe to in some way or another. I think I read somewhere in the original rules from the Liebster Award that you only had to nominate five blogs. I may take some artistic liberty here and go with just five :)
I used either GFC stats if they were visible on your blog or Bloglovin stats. I didn't include social media followers. If you actually do have more than 200 followers (on either stat platform individually or combined between the two), or have already been nominated, my bad!
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. What movie makes you laugh out loud?
4. Who or what inspires you? This can be blog-related or not.
5. Who would play you in a movie?
6. How long have you been blogging?
7. What time of the day do you write?
8. What is the most annoying song in the universe?
9. What part of your home is your favorite?
10. What is your favorite recipe?
11. What is your favorite season?
Hope everyone has a happy Tuesday!