Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hello, Friends

Hi friends, me here.

I hope you all aren't terribly distraught with me over not having posted the last two days of Pine Cone Week. I do promise they are coming, and I owe you a Christmas home tour, too.

But honestly...I am letting the hustle and bustle of the holidays get to me. The last couple of months sucked, I will not lie. Adding the recovery from the loss of our baby and now the loss of my grandmother to the general stress that the holidays never fail to bring, and I am a veritable hot mess.

I think I have reached burn-out status, just a little bit.

On Sunday I tried to switch gears, take my mind off things, and create a bit for the shop, and I hated EVERYTHING my hands made. Which resulted in more stress and tears and the sudden urge to flip a table and scream.

Ever have one of those days?

I am having one of those WEEKS.

My brain is hitting a block when it comes to the shop.
I can't muster up the energy to write those last two Pine Cone Week posts, or the home tour.
My Christmas shopping is not done.
Money is tight.
The laundry is piled way too high.
My house is dirty and I am hosting a celebration of life for my grandmother on Friday night.

Ugh. I know the reason for this joyous holiday appears to be escaping me right now, but guys--I am wiped out.

I think what is in order, dear friends, is a short little break to recover from the last couple months. I will post the last two Pine Cone Week posts and the home tour (can't promise when, but before Christmas), and then from December 25 through January 3 I will be taking a short little break from the bloggy blog and the shop. The shop will stay open and you will be able to purchase any existing item, but I will not be listing anything new and orders purchased will not ship until I return. I may crochet a bit, but any new items I was planning will just have to be revisited in 2014.

I hate to ditch you all at the hap-hap-happiest time of the year, but this momma needs some time to decompress, you know?

So here's hoping I can get those three posts published some time in the next week and we can get on with 2013 already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!