Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pine Cone Week Day #5: Pine Cone Garland

Alright, friends. Day #5.

This one is going to be a quick one because (again) it's so easy and the materials are minimal.

Originally I wanted a garland to hang across the windows in my dining room. They are sad, trim-less double windows with absolutely nothing of interest to them. I try to spruce them up each season or holiday with some sort of garland or bunting and was going for the same effect with pine cones. But after tying them off I realized they looked MUCH better hanging vertically rather than horizontally like most garlands usually are.

Funny how things work out like that, right?

Here is your materials list. It's so intense:

Pine cones.
Twine, as long as you want your finished garland to be, plus a little extra for hanging.

I left my pine cones naked, but you can totally paint or glitter them (don't forget, I shared how to get the all-over glitter effect on Day 4: Pine Cone Ornaments) if that's what floats your boat.

Here it is, so easy:

Step 1: Take your twine and loop it around the bottom of your pine cone but between the first and second layer of pine cone petal things and tie off a knot. Kind of like this, but on the bottom:


Step 2: Continue down your length of twine, spacing out your pine cones as you see fit.

Step 3: Hang and pat yourself on the back for doing a simple project that has such a fun effect:

Cascading pine cones!
I think this is the shortest post I've written in a while! Maybe ever. Sometimes less is more, right?

Tomorrow will be another simple project. Like, so simple. See you tomorrow.

Day One is here.
Day Two is here.
Day Three is here.
Day Four is here.

Wanna see where I party? Click here for an awesome list of link parties I participate in..

Also linking up to:
Savvy Southern Style
Imparting Grace
Jennifer Rizzo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!