Wednesday, January 15, 2014

25 Things About Me

In the name of being completely honest and transparent with you, I thought it would be best to admit that I'm still planning out fun crafts and projects to share here. I am chewing on the idea of making over my pantry, finishing the mudroom, finally getting some planks up on a weird wall in my kitchen, and making a fun new wreath for my front door.

So many ideas, so little time, unfortunately. With the craft/vendor fair coming up in T-24 days (eek!), a lot of my time has been delegated to making sure I have enough to sell (which also means slowly creeping closer to my goal of 100 items listed in the shop by the end of the month--high five!)

Because I have no crafty or DIY related goodness to share with you today, I thought I'd share some things about me so that you have an idea of the crazy, scatterbrained person behind this blog. Hope you don't mind!

25.) I loved to dance when I was younger and dreamed about becoming a dancer on Broadway.

24.) I was a total and complete overachiever in high school. GPA over 4.0, involved in so many extracurricular activities, and was rarely home from school before 9 PM. In a lot of ways, I still like to be busy all the time. Down time makes me itchy.

23.) I was also a huge band geek. I performed in my high school's color guard, went on to coach at the youth organization level, and then eventually put a year in coaching at the high school level. That was so hard, but totally rewarding. I only wish I had started sooner because I would have learned a lot more about coaching at the competition level.

22.) I currently work full-time in a construction and engineering office and while I (secretly) love getting out of the house every day and having some adult time, I often fantasize about staying home and being able to have dinner ready by 6 PM every night and NOT have to spend hours on end on Saturdays doing one big clean up and tackling mountains of laundry because I would be able to clean a little every day if I stayed home. Plus, all day toddler snuggles. Love that.

21.) I never in a million years thought I would have kids. Or LIKE kids. Peyton was our happy surprise, and I love her to pieces and am grateful to her every day for changing me in a way I thought wasn't possible.

20.) I was a complete party animal in my early 20s. My reputation precedes me in the family. Wanna have a good time? Call Brittany.

19.) Thankfully, that reputation has faded, and instead of sleeping in until 11 AM or noon on Saturdays, I wake up before the toddler does to start my day and get stuff done. I love getting stuff done.

18.) Unfortunately, I like to get too much stuff done at once and often overwhelm myself with "to-do lists."

17.) My husband and I are opposite in so many ways, but we make a great team and support system for each other.

16.) I think it's absurdly funny when people fall down.

15.) As a matter of fact, I think a lot of inappropriate things are hilarious.

14.) My middle name is Renee. My mother's middle name is Renee. My cousin's middle name is Renee. My daughter's middle name is Renee. Hence the blog and shop name.

13.) I have a lot of clothes, but I do wear it all. Or most of it. Or, let's just let this be a reminder that I need to clean out my closet soon and make a donation.

12.) My sister is my best friend. Ever. We are 16 months apart and I used to tell her she was an accident, but she knows it's all in jest and I love her to pieces.

11.) My freshman year of college during Biology, we extracted our DNA and put it in little vials that we could wear as necklaces. I still have it. Denny thinks it's weird.

10.) My favorite color is green. Followed closely by blue. But not royal blue.

9.) Laundry is my enemy. I can never seem to just get it all done from start to finish. I can throw the clothes in the washer, then into the dryer, but I can never seem to get past that point of actually folding them and putting them away.  I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am left with mountains of laundry by the time I actually have time to do any of it and that it is just out of control. Maybe another goal of 2014 is to actually do a load of laundry from start to finish every night.

8.) I could eat chicken every single day of the week. Unfortunately, my husband disagrees with me on that one.

7.) My birthday is April 7. I feel like it always falls on a Monday and that is a massive bummer.

6.) I have two tattoos. I like them. I am contemplating getting a third one.

5.) I majored in Political Science in college. I love a good chat on politics. But you'll never see it on my blog.

4.) I enjoy baking and LOVE making cupcakes. I made about 150 cupcakes for our wedding. It was awesome and stressful.

3.) I don't watch much TV. However, I am BEYOND excited for a new season of 24. Oh man. I love me some Jack Bauer.

2.) Re-reading the same books over and over is something I can do on the regular. I love Harry Potter and partially ashamed to admit that I enjoyed The Twilight Saga and 50 Shades of Gray (cringe).

1.) My family is everything. I love spending time with Denny and Peyton, and I love our Sunday gatherings. Sunday afternoons we visit with Denny's family, and then we do dinner with my Family on Sunday nights. These visits are my favorite part of the week.

And that's it out of me for the day. Happy hump day and may the rest of your week be speedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!