Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Look Back at January

Oh hey, look, it's already the middle of February and I'm going to recap January. I have plenty of other things to do/blog about, but I was on a roll with monthly recaps last Fall and then fell off that wagon with all of the craptastic-ness that came with November and December.

I'm looking to get back on the horse, so I figure we'd start his month with a look back at January--my top three posts:


This is the one where I whipped out my pencil and paper, armed myself with some seed packets, and tried to kick the winter ho-hums in the backside. Spoiler alert: it didn't work, but at least I have a plan to keep my gardens happy and thriving and the opposite of dead and sad.


After the crazyness of the Christmas decor had been packed up and put away, I craved something softer and less crazy than the red-and-green-and-gold-stuff-crammed-on-every-horizontal-surface look. Enter these sweet little trees made from poster board and ruffled strips of muslin fabric. Super easy, and they are still sitting pretty on my buffet.


This was the most popular post on el bloggy blog in January. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that everyone I know has a serious case of the sniffles? It's that time of the year, and nothing helps you feel better more than homemade chicken noodle soup. And nothing is easier than making it in your crockpot. Truth.

There's my January in a nutshell! Looking forward to sharing a couple of mood boards and a Pottery Barn knockoff for the rest of this month, and then (hopefully...finally...PLEASE) getting my hands dirty on some projects in March.

Aaaaaand, this summer is shaping up to the QUITE the summer because of the following festive opportunities:

  • My baby is turning THREE! Last year she kind of got the shaft on her birthday because I was burned out from wedding crafting and prep, but this year she has requested a Princess Party and so she will have a Princess Party of epic proportions.
  • My Momma is getting married in July and wants a good ol' fashioned DIY wedding in her backyard. YES.
  • My sister is having a baby! She is due in August, so this means four things: 1.) sweet baby cuddles! 2.) I finally get to be an aunt! 3.) nursery decorating! and 4.) baby shower!
If you can't tell, parties are my favorite, so we can all look forward to a summer of DIYing and festivities!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from anyone who reads this little section of the internet universe. Feel free to leave a comment and let's chat!